- The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Community Alliance Award for Social Impact. Y-PLAN, San Francisco, CA, 2019.
- Pamela Levine Arts Education Leadership Award (Youth in Arts). CC+S’s Shirl Buss for Y-PLAN, San Rafael, 2019.
- American Planning Association, Public Outreach Award. Y-PLAN was awarded the American Planning Association’s California Award for Public Outreach for 2019.
- UC Berkeley Chancellor’s Award. CC+S has been recognized with multiple Chancellor’s awards:
- CC+S’s Y-PLAN initiative was awarded the Chancellor’s Award for Public Service in 2018.
- CC+S’s Jeff Vincent won the Chancellor’s Award for Public Service, Research in the Public Interest (2015-2016) for his policy research on equity in K-12 school infrastructure.
- CC+S’s Y-PLAN initiative won the 2011-2012 Chancellor’s Award for Public Service.
- Deborah McKoy won the 2009 Chancellor’s Faculty Service-Learning Leadership Award for the Y-PLAN initiative.
- Y-PLAN won the University of California Chancellor’s Award, 2005.
- Y-PLAN won the University of California Chancellor’s Award for Community – University Partnerships, 2001.
- Civic Education Awards, Special Recognition. Y-PLAN and Emery Secondary School received special recognition in the California Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools, Civic Education Awards, 2007.
- Architectural Foundation of San Francisco Foundation Award. The Y-PLAN initiative was awarded the Architectural Foundation of San Francisco Foundation’s Award for engaging youth in the built environment, 2003.